Monday, February 13, 2012

My Drug Of Choice...

Ain't nothing like that first hit... That's what keeps us going back for more, chasing that high... LOVE ~Me


I love the idea of love but from my experience I can tell you that it can be a sweet dream or a beautiful nightmare. Now I know that the idea of love is beautiful and that in the right situation it can bring out the very best in a person but I also know that when not in the confines of a healthy, mutual situation it can be the ultimate disaster.

Love should come wrapped in a pretty little box with a surgeon general's warning: *Love is a drug, use it responsibly.  I've learned that I have to be selfish with my love because it's THE very best gift I have to give and not everyone is going to appreciate and reciprocate it or know and understand just how to receive it. I'm hoping that everyone has a memorable Valentine's Day or Love Day, as I prefer to call it. I hope that it's filled with those good feelings that we think of when love comes to mind. I also hope that most realize that waiting for a particular day to express our feelings for the people we love is foolish. I love the gifts received on Love Day but if I love you I make it a point to show you and tell you on a regular basis. When this post came to mind the words literally flowed from my brain, through my fingertips, and onto the screen. I ended up with what follows....



Remember when you first inhaled it
That first hit of love
Remember the high and the instant euphoria you experienced
Your extremities tingled, butterflies danced within your belly
Your senses were heightened

That first hit had you open
You wanted it, craved it, thought about it all the time
You became a love junkie willing to do whatever it took to get that next hit
Constantly chasing that high
Never achieving the climax you reached your first time out the gate

Your body wasn't used to it then
You were a virgin to this thing called love 
Your first hit made you experience a sensation that you never knew existed.
So you chase it, trying to re-create that feeling

You hide your desire from the people around you
But everybody knows
You're addicted to that drug called love
For just a little taste you'd sell your soul
You don't want an intervention
No twelve step program will do
This is a lifelong addiction 
Giving it up is something you just ain't willing to do.

You chase it
Try to replace it
Sometimes mistake it
Now it's time to face it
It eludes you
Confuses you
Get a batch from the wrong person and it'll kill you

Ahhhhh this drug called love
Makes you feel so good
And yet it hurts so bad
Your heart beats for it
Your body craves for it
You don't get enough and your body betrays you
You lose sleep, unwilling to eat
You feel like a fool
You've got it bad
And you don't know what to do

And as much as you enjoy it
There are days you simply wish you never took that first pull... LOVE
Yeah... this thing called love, it's a helluva drug


Happy Love Day <3

No comments:

Post a Comment